Do you passionately believe every child deserves a great childhood?
Are you looking for ways to strengthen families in our community?
Join Arden Shore Child and Family Services Board of Directors
Founded in 1898, Arden Shore’s unwavering dedication to the community is more precious than ever. Engaged leadership is paramount to the sustainability of its vital services and wellbeing of the community. Arden Shore’s Directors wholeheartedly support the work of Rebuilding Children’s Lives affected by trauma and abuse in a caring community through foster care, family preservation, mental health and substance abuse services, and residential programs.
As the prominent child welfare organization in Lake County, Board members make significant social impact through their contributions. The Board shapes policies and programs supporting more than 1,850 children and families a year.
Meet our current Board of Directors here.
Directors are expected to:
- Demonstrate a high level of personal values and ethics;
- Be flexible, responsive, and willing to consider the opinions of others;
- Be capable of providing leadership in a group setting;
- Exercise sound judgment to problem-solve in the execution of fiduciary responsibilities.
Directors are responsible for:
- Establishing Arden Shore Child and Family Service’s policy and strategy;
- Increasing awareness of the Arden Shore’s mission and programs;
- Leading fundraising efforts;
- Assuring fiscal responsibility and proper governance;
- Overseeing the work of the CEO.
Directors are elected at the annual meeting in September. Director terms are three years and a director may be elected for up to two consecutive terms. Following the completion of two terms, a Director may be re-elected to the Board.
The Board typically meets in person six times a year in at Arden Shore’s offices, which are located at 329 North Genesee Street, Waukegan, Illinois. Directors are expected to attend at least 2/3’s of all Board meetings in person or virtually.
As a working Board, Directors are expected to actively serve on one Committee of the Board. Committees of the Board typically meet in-person at a mutually agreed upon time by the members of the committee.
While past experience serving on a board of directors is encouraged, no experience is required.
To download this information in a PDF format, click here.
For more information, contact:
Dora E. Maya, PhD, President & CEO at email@example.com or (847) 623-1730; 330.